Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Superior Lake to Maine via Canada


Greeting from Chicago! After 5 thousand miles on the bike I am done! Done! Done! The trip ended in Acadia National Park in Maine after routing via Toronto and Montreal. Both amazing North American Cities, incredibly diverse and unique. I cannot express how thankful I am to be done and am quite ready to get back to a semi-settled existence. After Derek, Brendon, and myself split ways in Portland, I caught a bus to Hartford to visit Craig, Sammi, and thier four month old baby girl Soleil. It was a great visit to see amazing friends and to welcome their new baby Girl. I got to go to work with Craig and help out with his fourth grade class for the day as well as give a brief presentation of my trip. Craig gave me a lift to the train station and now I'm in Chicago for a few days before making my way bay to the bay.


Marquette, MI. Who doesn't love cheap renewable energy?

I heart Deciduous forests.

Lake Superior near Sault St. Marie in Michigan

Sault St. Marie US/Canada Boarder

Lots o Locks

American's aren't the only ones who love to get away from it all.

Little Rapids. Had the worst wind/ Rain of the trip while trying to sleep in a public park.

Ferry Crossing. Lake Huron




Ontario, Canada had beautiful barns with stone foundations.

Downtown Toronto ROCKS!

Our good friend Jon took us to the Saturday farmers market.

Yeah! No more ontario roads. Little did we know Quebec roads were quite worse.

On the bike path we met Richard and Tim. Richard was a most gracious trail angel and offered a place to crash. We had so much fun we stayed for 3 days.
Derek's B-day
Someway we made it back in contact with Brendon, ate Montreal Smokled Meat with fresh bagels and decided to stay one more day in Montreal.


The view from the top of Mont Royal The night Brendon decided to join us on our way to Mine.
Rout de Champs. Trail of the Fields

Yeah! I didn't realize that I would be happy to see the States but we were stoked!

Our first sunset in Maine.

Belfast, Me. We were Elated to see a bay that connected to the Atlantic.

Preparing to swim in the Atlantic

Next day swimming in the Atlantic. Derek has the Glory photos of us three running and jumping into the water. It was emotional and we all felt the finish crash against our bodies as the salt crystals collected on our skin like no Great Lake can do.

Acadia National Park. Stunning, Absolutely some of the Greatest riding of the Trip.


Cadillac Mtn.


Earliest sunrise in the USA.


The first visible sunrise in the good ol US of A

I look partly Inuit in this photo maybe its the parka-type-hobo-thing.












No comments:

Post a Comment